Legends' Legacy Upgraded: Dihada, Binder of Wills
The time for new sets and new decks is here! Dominaria United has given us an amazing amount of new Legendary Creatures and even more cards to support them. Above all else though, we have gotten two sweet new Preconstructed Commander decks! Today, we will be looking at the Legends' Legacy preconstructed deck.
This deck is full of sweet cards, old and new, but let's see how we can upgrade this deck to be even better!
Let's first take a look at the Creatures we are adding to strengthen the deck. The main strategy of this deck is to assemble a board full of powerful Legends, and swing for lethal at our opponents! Some Creatures that will enable us to do this are: Aurelia, the Warleader, Karlach, Fury of Avernus, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Delina, Wild Mage. Aurelia and Karlach will provide us with extra combat steps, while Gisela will double our damage and Delina will start making copies of our powerful Legends! Adeline, Resplendent Cathar is also being slotted in as just attacking enables us to fill our board with bodies that get through and can later be used for other purposes!
Finally, some of the utility Creatures we are going to add are: Varragoth, Bloodsky Sire, Shadrix Silverquill, Queen Marchesa, and Ratadrabik of Urborg. These cards will help us draw cards, put bodies into play, tutor our Library, and protect our opponents from destroying our board. I'm very excited to test Ratadrabik, as I believe he is a must include for any Legendary themed deck in White and Black. Next, let's look at some Noncreature cards that we can add to strengthen our deck!
For our Noncreature additions, we had a lot of sweet options to add to the deck. Some key cards for us to add are: Akroma's Will, Yawgmoth's Vile Offering, Search for Glory, Bolas's Citadel, and Kaya the Inexorable. Akroma's Will is the key card to add here, as it more often than not will be our win condition! The best part about Akroma's Will too, is that it can also double as board protection for us. Otherwise, we are adding strong value cards like Kaya, the Inexorable and Bolas's Citadel that will help us accelerate our board state!
In addition to these, let's also add some sweepers and ways to interact with what our opponents are doing. Including cards like Anguished Unmaking, Ruinous Ultimatum, Farewell, and Mythos of Snapdax will help us deal with our opponents boards, while mostly keeping our board intact. The last two cards I believe we should add are: Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper and Plaza of Heroes. I believe both of these lands will help accelerate our curve and fix our mana respectively. Now that we have the cards that we are adding, let's take a look at the cards that we are going to take out!
These are the cards that we can take out for the new cards we just added!
1. Sword of the Chosen: this card just seems uninteresting. Only giving a buff to one of our Creatures at a time seems to be very slow and not what we want to be doing.
2. Tenza, Godo's Maul: This card is pretty medium for us. Only buffs one Creature at a time and we don't get the full effect unless the Equipped Creature is Red.
3. The Circle of Loyalty: This is great for a deck that is playing mostly Knights and has a lot of Knight Tribal support, but doesn't work as well in this deck.
4. Zetalpa, Primal Dawn: An eight mana Creature with a lot of keywords is ok, but not really what we want to be playing.
5. Etali, Primal Storm: Etali is good, but we don't exactly have a strategy that fits in to what he wants to do, so let's cut it.
6. Arvad the Cursed: Arvad is ok but only really serves to buff our Creatures and we have better options.
7. Day of Destiny: Same reason as why we are cutting Arvad, the anthem is nice but we want to be putting more Creatures into play
8. Traxos, Scourge of Kroog: Is only a 7/7 body that we don't get to untap all of the time.
9. Bell Borca, Spectral Sergeant: This Creature has a specific strategy in mind to get the full effect from it, and we are not really playing into that strategy.
10. Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit: Bolstering our Creature's isn't awful but doesn't provide us with too much of an advantage.
11. Ashling the Pilgrim: This card wants us to have a lot of mana and pump it into its ability. Also can incidentally kill our own Creatures.
12. Odric, Lunarch Marshal: Odric is a good card, but is super reliant on what other pieces we have in play.
13. 2 Plains
14. 1 Swamp: Swapped for Untaidake, the Cloud Keeper
15. 1 Mountain: Swapped for Plaza of Heroes.
16. Hero's Blade: In the same vein as Tenza, only really benefits one of our Creatures.
17. Bedevil: We are swapping this one out for Anguished Unmaking as it catches more Permanent types.
18. Hero's Downfall: We are replacing this with the new removal package that we have.
19. Josu Vess, Lich Knight: Josu is best when you can kick him, and the cost to kick him is a steep price to pay, so let's cut it.
We are trimming down to 37 Lands to make room for some of the cards we have added. Here is what the deck looks like now with our upgrades!
This precon was a blast to dive into and I'm glad that we have even more options for Legendary Matters decks! Let me know what you think about the inclusions we made, and if there are any cards that you would play in this Deck!