Selling Cards to FlipSide
Submitting Your Cards
- We offer two different forms of payment currently either PayPal or Check. Please note that if you select payment via PayPal a fee of 4% will apply.
- We limit the sale of a specific card to a quantity of 12, if you would like to sell more of an item then that please contact us at email@example.com.
- Buylists submitted via our website have to be mailed to us, and can not be brought to any of our stores, or to our vendor booth. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking to arrange an in person delivery.
- Unless specifically noted, we only buy English language cards. If we receive non-English copies in place of English ones, we will either return the items to you at your expense or buy them at 50% of their English value.
- We do not accept signed or stamped cards. Any items sent to us with those markings will be graded as Moderately Played at best and will be priced accordingly.
- All prices shown are for the condition shown. After a collection is received by us, we will inspect the condition of each card and adjust the price appropriately. If you would like to approve adjustments before payment is sent please select the “Hold changes for approval” check box on your submission form.
- We reserve the right to refuse any or all cards (mainly because the lawyers make us)
Packaging And Shipping
- Please include a printout of your confirmation email with your package.
- Make sure that your cards are sorted in the exact order that they appear on your confirmation email, including sets and condition. If your cards arrive, and are not in order we reserve the right to either return the order at your expense or assess an additional charge equal to 10% of the final buylist value of the order. We will contact you before processing your buylist if we intend to return it or assess a penalty.
- We also ask that you do not sleeve any cards listed at or below $10.00 in value for non foil cards and $5.00 for foil cards. If your cards arrive, and are excessively sleeved we reserve the right to either return the order at your expense or assess an additional charge equal to 10% of the final buylist value of the order. We will contact you before processing your buylist if we intend to return it or assess a penalty.
- Remember to package your cards so they can be safely shipped to us. We do not want your cards to be damaged during shipment and neither should you, so please take the time to make sure your cards are well packed and protected. A few common mistake include:
- Storage in plastic zip lock bags
- Wrapping the cards in rubber bands.
- Unsecured containers that result in the cards spilling out.
- We highly recommend packaging your cards in plastic card cases or boxes designed specifically to hold trading cards.
- All buylist submissions must be mailed to us. Please address all buylists to:
1770 Route 9 Suite 100
Clifton Park, NY 12065
- While we do not require it, we strongly recommend that you purchase tracking and insurance for your package. We are not responsible for mistakes made by mail carriers, so in order to protect yourself and your package we encourage you to purchase tracking and insurance.
- Although we understand that sometimes there are delays in sending cards to us, due to the constantly changing nature of card prices we ask that all buylists sent to us are received by us within seven (7) business days of your submission. After that time, any prices we have offered are subject to change.
- We will send an email to you when your cards are finished being graded with the final purchase price, including any adjustments for conditions or penalties. We will also at that time issue payment for the final amount.
- If you are uncomfortable receiving a reduced price for cards we find to be in conditions below those you’ve submitted, please select the “Hold changes for approval” check box on the submission form. We encourage you to review our grading scale, (found here) and to closely inspect the cards you are sending to us before shipping.
- In order to ensure that everyone who sells cards to us is completely satisfied with their experience, we email all sellers whose buylists depreciate by 25% or more in value due to downgrades in condition before we complete their submission. If we do not receive a reply within two (2) business days, we continue to process their submission as usual.
- Near Mint (NM) - Cards in Near Mint condition have very little or no wear from shuffling, play, or other handling. They have a nearly unmarked surface, crisp corners, and undamaged edges apart from a few minor flaws. A Near Mint card can have a very small nick or a tiny scratch or two, but overall should appear as if it was just opened from a booster pack with no significant defects or flaws. NM foils should have an unblemished surface and have no ‘foil crease’ - they should lie perfectly flat on a table.
- Light Play / Slight Play (LP/SP) - Cards in Lightly Played condition can have a small amount of corner or edge wear, or perhaps just some surface scuffs or scratches. They are still free of any significant defects. A few imperfections are fine, but none should be significant enough that they jump out at a quick glance. Foils in Lightly Played condition can show minor fading/clouding or other wear on the front surface and should only have very minor warping or ‘foil crease’.
- Moderate Play (MP) - Cards in Moderately Played condition show one or more issues that are immediately visible. This can include wear on the edges and corners, scratches or scuffs on the surface, shuffle creases or surface whitening from unsleeved play, dirt built up on the card, or mix of less-severe examples of the above defects. MP foils may have clouding or some warping or ‘foil creasing’ due to being stored improperly.
- Heavy Play (HP) - Cards in Heavily Played condition show significant wear. HP cards may have pronounced creasing, whitening, border wear, major scratches or any mix of those issues. HP cards should not have any bends, tears, punctures, or folds and should still be ‘sleeve playable.’
- Damaged (DMG) - Damaged cards have a defect that may make the card not ‘sleeve playable’. They may have any combination of the previous defects in addition to bends, tears, punctures, or folds. Damaged cards must still be in 1 piece. We do not accept cards that are damaged by water or other liquids.
Let Us Help You!
- If you want to change your buylist for any reason before sending it to us, for instance to remove an item from the list, please contact email@example.com to inform us of the adjustment. If you wish to add cards, please submit a second buylist and include those cards in the same package, with all of the invoices for each order in the package.
If you have any questions before or after you sell cards to us, or you just want to provide input as to ways we can improve, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Buylist Hot Buys
Seraph of the Scales
Kaya, Orzhov Usurper
March of the Multitudes
Deputy of Detention
Knight of Autumn
Plaza of Harmony